Transform Rockford added four new community members to its leadership Steering Committee. Those members are Theresa Kegley, co-owner of Movement Fitness; Leon Smith, Maker Lab Assistant Manager at the Rockford Public Library; Honorable K. Patrick Yarbrough, retired from the 17th Judicial Circuit; and Terry Voskuil, Senior Vice President at Woodward.
Transform Rockford’s momentum in moving the region toward becoming a “Top 25 community by 2025” is guided by the work of 13 Steering Committee members. Transform Rockford also has four staff members and several volunteer teams.
“Transform Rockford is a grassroots community movement and we’re grateful to have the expertise of our four newest Steering Committee members join the initiative,” said Steering Committee Chair Christie Jarrett. “The Steering Committee plays an important role in guiding the community plan and progress around projects like the Family Peace Center, Great Neighborhoods, and Innovation Ecosystem to support entrepreneurs.”
The four new Steering Committee members will join existing members including:
- Ben Bernsten, Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois
- Bill Gorski, Retired from SwedishAmerican
- Bobbie Holzwarth, Holmstrom Law
- Christie Jarrett, Stenstrom
- Jim Keeling, Hinshaw Law
- LoRayne Logan, Workplace Staffing
- Paul Logli, United Way of Rock River Valley
- Dan Saavedra, Saavedra Gehlhausen Architects
- David Sidney, Transform Rockford, Executive Director
- Tom Gendron (Emeritus), Woodward